Thursday 4 June 2020

Coming back to school


On the 18 of May it was time to explore the school's new rules. 
Feeling extremely excited I pretty much danced down stairs. By 8:15 we were heading to school. 
Ada and bridie, my sisters,especially Ada, wanted to stay home and do ¨kidz bop kidz¨ a dance
they did throughout the lockdown. I was excited and wanted to go back so we hopped into the car
and drove to school. 


When we got there it was completely different at first.  There were teachers at the front gate
(the only gate you could use to enter) and there was hand sanitizer in each class room. 
It felt like a new year with all these different new rules. I hung up my bag in my class cloak bay
and walked into the class.  The first person who said hello to me was Naia.
We went to the grey bars and sat there for a while talking.  When the bell rang that told us to go
to class I walked in and got told to put the hand sanitizer on. 


At school we found out that we weren't going to have a sudden change, We were going to do the
same kind of learning we did at home.  (I can barely remember what happened at school that
day but i´ll tell you what I can remember). Once we started school we had a class hui. 
The teachers gave us our notices and explained what we were going to do this week.
Once we started work me and my friends, a heap of other people too, started doing our
water cycle work.  That's when there's a text, some words at the top, some lines and you have
to figure out which word goes on which line. After that we did e-ako maths.  We have a session
a day doing e-ako. Straight after morning tea was just dance.  My class had never done it before
so we only did one dance two times. Then it was time for steps. That was daily too. 
The teachers after 20 minutes of steps the teachers let us out for lunch. We did collaborative art
and then it was time to leave school. 

I missed school straight away!! I couldn't wait for the next day at school. I was feeling so happy!!
(And still extremely excited.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about