Monday 30 August 2021

Quick write

 This is a true short story, which I wrote today, that happened 1 month. Gosh, I can't believe it took me that long to get it on paper.  I hope you enjoy!

The cat sat on the window sill, just,  I didn't realize. Roxy was

sitting behind the curtains, I walked in, and sat on my bed.  I looked

up from the book I had just buried my head in, to look out my

window. I thought, never mind.  I had imagined a cat's tail sliver

behind the curtains. I went back to my book, and continued reading. 

¨Meow.¨  something meowed.  I looked up again. . .

 

¨AHHHH!!!¨ I screamed. There, sitting on the window sill, was a pitch

black cat, as dark as night, crawling out from behind the curtain,

was Roxy. Whew, I thought as Roxy bounded towards me. I petted

her, then went back to my book, thinking, of course she blended in.


I hope you enjoyed!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Charlotte. I like how you used characters. I really liked the use of different punctuation. I was wondering who Roxy is? Overall you have a high quality Blog post. From Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Ivy here.Charlotte, I like how you added a little blurb at the top for if you didn't, I wouldn't of knew it was true. It's cool how you added adjectives like 'as dark as night' into your writing. Ha, that has happened to me too but instead of your cat Roxy, it was my cat Wednesday. What book were you reading at the time? It would be funny if it was about cats.

    -Ivy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about