Thursday 23 September 2021

Quick write "2"

Enjoy my this weeks Quick Write! 

The phone rang... I awoke with a start.  Who would ring at this hour of the night? But, now I think about it, is it night? Well, before the details, you should know the whole story. Starting waaay back here.

I had awoken at 6:30 A.M, on Saturday.  Particularly early; not for me!  But I couldn't be bothered getting up.  I just lay in bed 'till 7:30.  But then I couldn't be bothered getting up either, it was still to early. At 8:30 I could hear the clanging of pans in the Kitchen as Mum made Pancakes.  But even the thought of Honey covered, Maple syrup topped Pancakes couldn't haul me out'a bed.  Eventually I dozed off.  ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...ZZZZZ, RIIIIING!  The phone rang.  It was 10:30.  I picked up my phone and answered it, "What are you doing calling at this hour of the night?!"                                             The other end said, " It's 10:30 A.M, and I'm waiting for you in town!"                                                          I sat upright with a jolt, dropping my phone. Glass shattered everywhere. 10:30???  What about my walk!? My Breakfast!?  My Town!?  I reached down to grab my phone and say, Meet you at 12:30 instead, OK? Then realized my Phone was shattered.  "NOOOOOOOOO!!" I howled, in my unneeded dispare.  

Thats what happened, unfortunately, soI never again slept in.                           

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about