Thursday 15 April 2021

My Sign/Tribute Art

Recently my class has been working on signs of old Aotearoa history around were we live.  Me and my friend Kale´a are in a group on a famous horse and his owner.  the name of our sign is Tore te A-Hoiho-John.  

We started by painting the base blue.  That was our base colour.  Then, while I was gone Kale´a had to work on the project alone. She made the grass alone, she thinks that it's to long.  I think it's perfect.  In the days after that (Mainly Yesterday) we added in the ocean, a GIANT rugby ball, a rugby goal that's smaller than the ball, the clouds and sun, a title, and last but certainly not least, The horse himself.  We've only done the out line.

The only reason were not finished is because, Kale´a started to draw the horses leg, but I pointed out it was to long.  Me and Kale´a burst into hysterical giggles.  We went outside to paint over it, but had to do it 3 times for it not to show.  Only because Kale´a did it in vivid.  When it was finally gone Kale´a painted the Ocean while I did white wash.  Then I drew the Rugby ball and we painted it.  The post was simple so I just did 3 lines, and the clouds are done too.  Me and Kale´a also found the perfect orangey-beige colour for the sun.

I Just painted the horse a pale beige with a blue mane and black saddle.  The teacher told us we have to make it paler, the beige, though.  

Thank you for reading about my week, Charlotte.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about